Trade Mark Guidelines
Use of Trademark Guidelines
Last Updated on April 2019
These 88Ronin Apparel Co. Trademarks Usage Guidelines (these “Guidelines”) outline how 88Ronin Apparel Co. (“88Ronin”, “88Ronin Apparel Co.”, “We”, “Our” or “Us”) permits the use of 88Ronin’s trademarks, brandnames, trade names, service marks, service names, domain names and logos (collectively, “88Ronin Apparel Co. Trademarks”).
- We have developed these Guidelines with the following goals in mind: We wish to make it easy for anyone to use the 88Ronin Trademarks for Community-Oriented Efforts in a manner that helps spreading and improving 88Ronin. “Community-Oriented Effort” means a non-profit project or meetup. If you wish to use the 88Ronin name in a for-profit project, please contact us as specified below.
- We wish to make it clear how 88Ronin-related businesses and projects can, or cannot use the 88Ronin Trademarks.
- We wish to prevent anyone from using the 88Ronin Trademarks in an unfairly profit form and to trick or confuse people who are looking for resources and apparel officially released by 88Ronin Apparel Co.
- You acknowledge and agree that We are the sole and exclusive owners of the 88Ronin Trademarks and that We retain all intellectual property rights in and to the 88Ronin Trademarks and goodwill associated with 88Ronin Trademarks, and any goodwill generated by your use of any 88Ronin Trademarks will inure to Our exclusive benefit. You shall at no time contest, challenge, encourage or aid third parties in contesting the validity or ownership of any 88Ronin Trademarks or take any action in derogation of Our rights therein, including, without limitation, applying to register any trademark, tradename or other designation that is confusingly similar in any way to the 88Ronin Trademarks.
- Subject to the terms and conditions hereunder, We grant to you a limited, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, non-transferable, revocable license to use and display 88Ronin Trademarks, solely in accordance with these Guidelines and other written instructions provided by Us from time to time, and solely as a part of your business or personal project as long as all the following terms are met:
- The 88Ronin Trademarks shall not be displayed in a manner that implies that the project is affiliated with 88Ronin. This doesn’t just mean that in order to comply with these Guidelines you can simply write “we are not affiliated with 88Ronin” in your footer or your banner. Rather you must refrain altogether from using misleading business practices such as using a domain name comprising solely of the word “88Ronin Apparel Co.”, “88Ronin” or just using Our logo as your website’s logo.
- Your project must have discernible differences from the 88Ronin’s apparel. Meaning, it is not a redistribution of the 88Ronin’s apparel.
- Any deceptive practices, such as using domain names that are meant to mislead people to think that they are purchasing official 88Ronin Apparel Co. apparel are prohibited.
- All use of 88Ronin Trademarks (including any goodwill arising therefrom) shall solely benefit 88Ronin. Any display of the 88Ronin Trademarks shall be only in the exact format in which We provide it. No alternate stylization or representation or is permitted. Specifically, you may not change the color proportion, or font of any of 88Ronin Trademarks, or make any additions to or remove any elements from 88Ronin Trademarks.
- 88Ronin Trademarks shall not be placed on any background that interferes with the readability or display of that 88Ronin Trademarks.
- 88Ronin Trademarks may not be displayed or used in any manner together with or in the context of any content which is unlawful, defamatory, libelous, harassing, offensive, indecent, pornographic, abusive, discriminatory, fraudulent, threatening or vulgar; or which harms or may harm the goodwill of 88Ronin (in 88Ronin’s reasonable discretion). The above examples of unlawful and prohibited use do not constitute an exhaustive list
- Unless you received Our explicit consent, under no circumstances is it permitted to use 88Ronin Trademarks as part of a domain name or top-level domain name. We reserve the right to withdraw any above mentioned consent at anytime.
- We do not allow the use of the 88Ronin Trademarks in advertising, including AdSense/AdWords.
- Use of any 88Ronin Trademarks is at your own risk. The uses permitted hereunder are provided by 88Ronin Trademarks “AS-IS”, without any warranties whatsoever, including (without limitation) any warranty of title and non-infringement. You hereby agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless 88Ronin and 88Ronin affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from your use of the 88Ronin Trademarks. Without derogating from or excusing your obligations under this section, 88Ronin reserves the right (at your own expense), but are not under any obligation, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter which is subject to an indemnification by you if you choose not to defend or settle it. You agree not to settle any matter subject to an indemnification by you without first obtaining our express approval.
- 88Ronin reserves the right to change these Guidelines at any time, at its sole discretion, with immediate effect. In addition, where 88Ronin finds that you are failing to comply with this policy, 88Ronin may promptly extract you from its affiliates program and use any and all legal means in its power to stop your activity. 88Ronin reserves the right, exercisable in its sole discretion, to take appropriate action against any use without permission or any use that does not conform to these Guidelines.
A few examples to help you understand how to apply these Guidelines:
- You want to open a Meetup group for 88Ronin athletes in your area, and you call it “88Ronin Team Meetup Group – Los Altos”.
- You set up a website called “88Ronin-Apparel.com”.
- You set up a website called “88Ronin-Jobs.io”